COVID-19 Safety and Infection Control Measures for Patients
With the number of new cases rising in regions across the province, the Ontario Government has recently announced new province wide lockdown restrictions.
While these restrictions do involve the closure of all non-essential businesses, as healthcare facilities, our clinics remain unaffected by these restrictions and remain open for in-person care.
Of course, we are continuing to operate with enhanced safety protocols in place and are continuing to keep abreast of this on-going and evolving situation to ensure the continued well-being of our patients, our clinical teams and members of the broader community.
WHAT IS IMPACT DOING?
In keeping with the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health and other officials, we have implemented the following changes to both our clinics’ physical setup and operational procedures including:
- Adding plexiglass shields at reception desks
- Placing floor decals at the front of the clinics to ensure proper patient spacing
- Reducing seating capacity in reception areas to maintain distancing
- Removing all non-essential displays or reception/waiting area content
- Sanitizing all reception and common areas at least once every 3 hours
- Sanitizing all treatment rooms & equipment between each patient visit
- Screening all staff & practitioners prior to entering the clinic for their shifts
- Having all staff stay 6-feet apart, wear a level 2 surgical mask & wash their hands regularly
- Having all practitioners wear gloves & a surgical mask during treatment
- Screening patients on the phone and in-person before entering the clinic
- Requiring patients to wear a mask while at all time while in the clinic
- Ensuring hand sanitizer is readily available for all patients
- Limiting daily patient bookings to allow for physical distancing and for cleaning treatment rooms & equipment between appointments
Please call us at (905)875-4393 to book your appointment or via email at [email protected]
You must schedule an appointment for in-person treatment. Unscheduled, drop-in treatment is not permitted.
We have included additional information to help you stay safe and healthy:
Poster: COVID-19 Hand Hygiene
Symptoms Self-Assessment Tool: Symptoms Self-Assessment
We look forward to seeing all of you (safely) soon!
Yours in Health,
Dr. Garg & Team Impact